Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy National Spaghetti Day!!!

Well you guessed it tonight is spaghetti night in our household. We have opted for the less calorie offensive whole wheat pasta which I am looking forward to trying. Haven't had the brand I bought yet. I'm not quite sure what will be going with the pasta, I'm thinking peas, mushrooms and a sour cream sauce. I think this will be delicious perhaps a bit of nutmeg added for that wintery taste. So far aside from our lack of internet at our home this year has been going swimmingly. I am very peeved at the cable internet company and for the record telling me to go on the internet to fix my problem simply doesn't work if I have no internet access.
It has finally turned colder in Virginia and though I was not happy about this a few minutes ago I have now come to the conclusion that I am happy the cold has finally found the south. I was not happy because I had a cold that was killing me in the ninth round here but I took something and for the moment have found myself in the agreeable stage of life again.
For Christmas I received alot of kitchen appliances and have been testing them over the time that I haven't been blogging. Yes I know, I should be doing this everyday but sometimes the Television just gets the better of me. I began my kitchen appliance venture with a mini pie maker. In the form of a chicken pot pie dinner. My husbands favorite. They came out really good and were delicious. I am going to try mini blueberry pies soon.
Up next for our bowl game a grand PSU disappointment, sigh, we ventured into the day of the panini. Delicious! Next time need some greens and stronger dressing but I was not disappointed and they make a really quick weeknight dinner.
Still have a cookie maker and juicer to try. I'm a bit apprehensive about the cookie maker. For some reason it just makes me nervous. Like my grandmother is going to come ask me why I am making her chocolate chip cookie recipe in something that looks like a mini george foreman grill. Grandma don't ask questions, I'm just trying it out, just like the silpat which was a great success. I will be trying the juicer next week in an attempt to get my husband to eat healthier. I will do this in a manner of, "hey do you want a drink?" (this will of course be while he is immersed in a video game and he will surely say yes please) This will be the moment that I hand him a large glass of carrot beet juice and he will unknowingly drink it without even looking....I hope!
We wives have to get healthy done you know any way that we possibly can and if it just happens that we have a window of opportunity while our husbands are playing a game I'll take it.
Happy National Spaghetti Day if I only knew you existed earlier I would have made pasta from scratch. Enjoy spaghetti anyway you like it today or any day, but especially today because its spaghetti day.
MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment